Monday, November 17, 2008

Frustration

This post is mostly for me to vent, so for those of you here for entertainment -- you better click off of me now.

I am trying to start back to school in January, and now I remember why I walked away from ASU in tears last time. It has to be one of the most frustrating schools I have ever dealt with in my entire life. Not only am I having to take super hard (Physics, Pre-calculus, Anatomy) classes that weren't required in TN, they are making me jump through hoops to get into them. I have been trying to get registered for these classes since Friday, and nothing has worked out. I stop for a minute during my frustration and think - - Does Heavenly Father not want me to do this? I reason with myself that No, I know he does because this will only make things better for my family for a few short "horrible" semesters of work. I am too close to not finish at this point. Anyone can do something for 3 semesters. I have prayed about this and know this is what I am to do at this time.

I just need to keep the faith that it will all work out. I fear how we will handle financially with me only working part-time, but then remember we have been in worse shape before. I guess if I have to give up everything and start from scratch, I will be doing it along with many other people. At least I am not in this alone!!! AHHHH - Now I feel so much better just laying that all out in front of me. So friends, if I seem like I am always saying no to going out, or whatever..... it will probably be that we have NO money and will have to be hermits at home.

8 comments:

DeAnne Baum said...

Oh, I wish I could help you! Do I need to go and kick some butt! It will all work out if it is suppose too. Just know that you are never alone....if you need to talk (during sunday school)wink,wink please let me know! Love ya! Hang in there.

THE MORRIS FAMILY said...

Tracy...good luck! I have vented one too many times on my blog too;) It's hard when you are trying to better yourself and every corner you take gets HARDER (been there & are still there)haha!

Welcome to the poor club...we dont do anything come on over:) lol

Rachel M said...

Ugh! I hated dealing with schools and getting the right classes and financial aid stuff! Such a pain. But if you know your supposed to do it then press on! It will be worth it and you will do well. We did 4 years of dental school with no income and3/4 kids. And it was definitely worth the sacrifice. Good luck getting it all sorted out! I'll be looking to see how it's going! Love ya!

As Told By Molly said...

Hey, what if all us hermits came out and were hermits together. Would we still be hermits? "The Non-hermit Club"!

I agree with Leanna. Welcome to the club (but not the non-hermit club - we'll come up with a better name). You would be in good company. And I will bring the cupcakes.

nachae said...

Dont worry you will get through it just fine. Just smile and nod thats what I do and although it has yet to work for me I am hopeful it will work for you. Keep your chin up!

Stacy said...

I'm with you sister! We can be hermits together...separately? Anyway, stick to it, if I can get in, you can get in.

Cherene said...

Hey Tracy! I am applying to ASU's Master of Counseling program for next fall. You'll have to keep me posted as to how things go with school. What degree are you finishing up?

Becca said...

You are so good to go back & finish your degree...I never even started! Good luck...you'll do great!

P.S. Now I'll know where Randy is when he texts me on Sunday mornings saying he won't be there--LOL BUSTED!